I _Really_ Don't Know

A low-frequency blog by Rob Styles

Domain Specific Editing Interface using RDFa and jQuery

I wrote back in January about Resource Lists, Semantic Web, RDFa and Editing Stuff. This was based on work we'd done in Talis Aspire.

Several people suggested this should be written up as a fuller paper, so Nad, Jeni and I wrote it up as a paper for the SFSW 2009 workshop. It's been accepted and will be published there, but unfortunately due to work priorities that have come up we won't be able to attend.

A draft of the paper is here: A Pattern for Domain Specific Editing Interfaces Using Embedded RDFa and HTML Manipulation Tools.

The camera ready copy will be published in the conference proceedings. Feedback welcomed.

Comments

Rob Styles

Jay, the code is available. Client side is all done with RDFQuery. RDFQuery is here: http://code.google.com/p/rdfquery/ Server side work is done by Moriarty. Moriarty is here: http://code.google.com/p/moriarty/ rob

Jay Luker

Great article, Rob. Too bad the code isn't available.

Jay Luker

Thanks Rob. Sorry for the unintended brusqueness of my first comment. What I really meant to say (at least what was in my head at the time) is that it would be really great if I could see the actual interface and glue code between the rdfQuery and moriarity components. This technique would be a good fit for a recipe editor I'm trying to build in my spare time. I shall forge ahead with the knowledge gleaned from the article. Thanks again.